Invalid registration code (first time around)

PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

Bruce.Filgate

Invalid registration code (first time around)

Post by Bruce.Filgate »

Running the PCTeX 6 beta, as the installation was finishing, it asked for the registration code, however, that pass would not accept the provided code from PCTeX for my serial number 60026.

After cancelling the install, and restarting the install, the Beta then asked if I would like it to look for and download updates (did not do that the first time), after this, the provided registration did work [and it later went off to authenticate and download the final registration without incident].

I have not tried to replicate this failure.

Bruce
Plamen

Post by Plamen »

Apparently, you have to update the installed product first. Then the code works. The same thing happened to me as well.
PTIForAdmin

Re: Invalid registration code (first time around)

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Bruce.Filgate wrote:Running the PCTeX 6 beta, as the installation was finishing, it asked for the registration code, however, that pass would not accept the provided code from PCTeX for my serial number 60026.

After cancelling the install, and restarting the install, the Beta then asked if I would like it to look for and download updates (did not do that the first time), after this, the provided registration did work [and it later went off to authenticate and download the final registration without incident].

I have not tried to replicate this failure.
That was a bit of a Catch-22. After the installation is updated to the current version it will accept the product codes we sent. Unfortunately, it asks for the product code before it's had a chance to update. We posted an updated install image which will accept the new product codes as is, and this should end the confusion.