PCTeX Talk Forum Index PCTeX Talk
Discussions on TeX, LaTeX, fonts, and typesetting
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fonts: ae and cmex, and PcTeX on a network client

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PCTeX Talk Forum Index -> PCTeX v6 Beta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wms



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: fonts: ae and cmex, and PcTeX on a network client Reply with quote

Hi,

several issues came up within the first 3 minutes of typesetting a large existing document:

(1) ae fonts were installed but the DVI viewer couldn't find the corresponding TFM files. It complained about a broken or missing aer10.tfm etc... I uninstalled ae from Tools/Packages... and reinstalled them again from there. Thereafter the tfm files were recognised and the DVI viewer used them.

(2) After typesetting again I got the error message "No font mapping entry for font: cmex9". I tried to play the same trick as above for the cmextra packaged but to no avail.

(3) My machine is attached to the network and the My Documents folder is mounted from some server. I suspect that this causes the following error message (where Server is our server and User.Name is my username)

warning: \\Server\User.Name$\cached\My Documents: Unrecognized variable construct `$\'.

(4) after this I tentatively clicked the PS button and got the probably related ghostscript error message

Error: /undefined in er
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1052/1123(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:69/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory
GPL Ghostscript 8.01: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
Error: /undefined in er
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1052/1123(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:69/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory
GPL Ghostscript 8.01: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Regards,
Martin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PTIForAdmin



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 84
Location: San Francisco, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: fonts: ae and cmex, and PcTeX on a network client Reply with quote

wms wrote:

(1) ae fonts were installed but the DVI viewer couldn't find the corresponding TFM files. It complained about a broken or missing aer10.tfm etc... I uninstalled ae from Tools/Packages... and reinstalled them again from there. Thereafter the tfm files were recognised and the DVI viewer used them.


There is a known problem with newly-installed fonts not being recognized. Usually, closing PCTeX and starting again will clear this. It's on the bug list and will be resolved before the release.

Quote:
(2) After typesetting again I got the error message "No font mapping entry for font: cmex9". I tried to play the same trick as above for the cmextra packaged but to no avail.


This may be related to (1).

Quote:
(3) My machine is attached to the network and the My Documents folder is mounted from some server. I suspect that this causes the following error message (where Server is our server and User.Name is my username)

warning: \\Server\User.Name$\cached\My Documents: Unrecognized variable construct `$\'.



Will look into this.

Quote:
(4) after this I tentatively clicked the PS button and got the probably related ghostscript error message

Error: /undefined in er
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval--
...


No PS file was made and GS was launched. We'll fix this.

Thanks for the input.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PCTeX Talk Forum Index -> PCTeX v6 Beta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group