Installation Problemas

MathTime Pro II fonts user discussion

Moderators: PTIForAdmin, Michael Spivak

pmarrone

Installation Problemas

Post by pmarrone »

I have installed MTPro2 as described in the PCTeX website, according to instructions provided by Helmer Aslaksen. I use Miktex.

I mean:
I unpacked the fonts to the localtexmf directory and added the line Map mtpro2.map #localtexmf\dvips\mtpro\mtpro2.amp to updmap.cfg. Also updated the data base in MikTeX.

But I keep getting the following error: Mtpro2.sty not found. What is wrong?

I have noticed for example that updmap.cfg is located in the texmf \web2c directory not in the localtexmf directory as stated by Mr. Aslaksen.

But I did added a copy of the updmap.cfg to the localtexmf directory by copying the entire web2c subdirectory to localtexmf directory.

But still I can not get the fonts to work. What can I do to solve this problem? Any help welcome.
Pedro A. Marrone G.
Departamento de Matemática
Universidad de Panamá
PTIForAdmin

Re: Installation Problemas

Post by PTIForAdmin »

pmarrone wrote:I have installed MTPro2 as described in the PCTeX website, according to instructions provided by Helmer Aslaksen. I use Miktex.

I mean:
I unpacked the fonts to the localtexmf directory and added the line Map mtpro2.map #localtexmf\dvips\mtpro\mtpro2.amp to updmap.cfg. Also updated the data base in MikTeX.

But I keep getting the following error: Mtpro2.sty not found. What is wrong?

What can I do to solve this problem? Any help welcome.
The error indicates that LaTeX cannot find the file mtpro2.sty. Check that the file

Code: Select all

localtexmf/tex/latex/mtpro2/mtpro2.sty
is in your localtexmf directory exactly as shown. For example, if the original texmf is still attached

Code: Select all

localtexmf/texmf/tex/latex/mtpro2/mtpro2.sty
this will prevent the file from being found.