Auto-complete commands

Support forum for PCTeX 6 users
sponge5679

Auto-complete commands

Post by sponge5679 »

I appreciate most of the auto-complete behaviors, but there are two PCTeX6 auto-complete behaviors between which I find one annoying and do not consider it to be "auto-complete" and the other is not a correct "auto-complete."

Within a list environment, I find it annoying that every [Enter] on a line that begins with \item generates a new \item indented two columns. Many of my \item entries have a second "paragraph" or displayed math, so I have to backspace over the six spaces of \, i, t, e, m, and [_]. This behavior is not time-saving.

Ending a list environment generates extraneous code.
As I type \end{enu, PCTeX6 correctly suggests \end{enumerate} so I select that from the drop-down menu. When I hit [Enter], PCTeX6 incorrectly adds an \item after the environment-ending command! Surely this is a "bug"?
PTIForAdmin

Re: Auto-complete commands

Post by PTIForAdmin »

sponge5679 wrote:I appreciate most of the auto-complete behaviors, but there are two PCTeX6 auto-complete behaviors between which I find one annoying and do not consider it to be "auto-complete" and the other is not a correct "auto-complete."

Within a list environment, I find it annoying that every [Enter] on a line that begins with \item generates a new \item indented two columns. Many of my \item entries have a second "paragraph" or displayed math, so I have to backspace over the six spaces of \, i, t, e, m, and [_]. This behavior is not time-saving.
If you do not want a new \item, hit the Downarrow key at the end of the line, and then hit Enter. This will create a blank line with no \item.
Ending a list environment generates extraneous code.
As I type \end{enu, PCTeX6 correctly suggests \end{enumerate} so I select that from the drop-down menu. When I hit [Enter], PCTeX6 incorrectly adds an \item after the environment-ending command! Surely this is a "bug"?
When you type "\end{en..." and the "enumerate" choice appears as an autocomplete, hit the Tab key. This will not generate an extraneous "\item".