PCTeX Talk Forum Index PCTeX Talk
Discussions on TeX, LaTeX, fonts, and typesetting

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sizing Graphics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sponge5679

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Sizing Graphics Reply with quote

I copy graphs from Mathematica 6, save them as Windows bitmaps with SnagIt 9 and import them into my PCTeX 6 document with the Graphics Wizard. They look horrible in the dvi file! They seem to look okay in a pdf and printed from the pdf, but when they look so "blotchy" in the dvi, I'm skeptical/concerned about what others will see when I send them a pdf. How can I be sure the figures will look okay to others?
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sizing Graphics Reply with quote

sponge5679 wrote:
I copy graphs from Mathematica 6, save them as Windows bitmaps with SnagIt 9 and import them into my PCTeX 6 document with the Graphics Wizard. They look horrible in the dvi file! They seem to look okay in a pdf and printed from the pdf, but when they look so "blotchy" in the dvi, I'm skeptical/concerned about what others will see when I send them a pdf. How can I be sure the figures will look okay to others?

The bitmaps are being converted to EPS files so that they can be viewed in DVI, and converted to pdf for use with PDFTeX. We use the utility sam2p.exe to perform the conversions. We've noticed here as well that EPS bitmaps are low-quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PCTeX Talk Forum Index -> PCTeX 6 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: