Sizing Graphics

Support forum for PCTeX 6 users
sponge5679

Sizing Graphics

Post by sponge5679 »

I copy graphs from Mathematica 6, save them as Windows bitmaps with SnagIt 9 and import them into my PCTeX 6 document with the Graphics Wizard. They look horrible in the dvi file! They seem to look okay in a pdf and printed from the pdf, but when they look so "blotchy" in the dvi, I'm skeptical/concerned about what others will see when I send them a pdf. How can I be sure the figures will look okay to others?
PTIForAdmin

Re: Sizing Graphics

Post by PTIForAdmin »

sponge5679 wrote:I copy graphs from Mathematica 6, save them as Windows bitmaps with SnagIt 9 and import them into my PCTeX 6 document with the Graphics Wizard. They look horrible in the dvi file! They seem to look okay in a pdf and printed from the pdf, but when they look so "blotchy" in the dvi, I'm skeptical/concerned about what others will see when I send them a pdf. How can I be sure the figures will look okay to others?
The bitmaps are being converted to EPS files so that they can be viewed in DVI, and converted to pdf for use with PDFTeX. We use the utility sam2p.exe to perform the conversions. We've noticed here as well that EPS bitmaps are low-quality.