MathTimePro2 not option for AIP style

MathTime Pro II fonts user discussion

Moderators: PTIForAdmin, Michael Spivak

rtbumby

MathTimePro2 not option for AIP style

Post by rtbumby »

A conference that I attended uses the American Institute of Physics http://proceedings.aip.org/proceedings/ to publish its proceedings. I downloaded the document class and found that it had support for many Math fonts, but not MathTimePro2. One of the other options will probably suffice for this one paper, but it would be much nice to show off my new fonts.
RTB
PTIForAdmin

Re: MathTimePro2 not option for AIP style

Post by PTIForAdmin »

rtbumby wrote:A conference that I attended uses the American Institute of Physics http://proceedings.aip.org/proceedings/ to publish its proceedings. I downloaded the document class and found that it had support for many Math fonts, but not MathTimePro2. One of the other options will probably suffice for this one paper, but it would be much nice to show off my new fonts.
We were able to use the aipproc style with MTPro2 by making the following changes:

1.Use the option 'mtpro'. E.g.

Code: Select all

\documentclass[final, mtpro]  {aipproc}
2. Change one line in aipproc.sty:

\RequirePackage{mtpro}         % 5
-->

\RequirePackage{mtpro2}         % 5
3. Load the package 'textcase'

The test file template-8s.tex compiled successfully.

Item 2 is not good form since it changes a standard file. We will contact the AIP and see if they can add an 'mtpro2' option.
rtbumby

Post by rtbumby »

That is why I posted to this forum! Your reminder to AIP is likely to be noticed. There was a secondary concern that there might be a definition hidden in the file that would work with MTPro but not MTPro2 (other posts to this forum noted such a problem with a Springer style), so I needed some assurance before attempting the fix that you mentioned.
RTB