Install released ver 6 over beta?

PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

murray

Install released ver 6 over beta?

Post by murray »

I just downloaded and ran the installer for PCTeX ver 6 release. I installed where the installer offered, namely, over the existing beta version. But the About window still lists the version as "PCTeX ver 6.0 (beta)", even after I install the new password that was e-mailed to me.

Do I have to first uninstall the beta version before installing from the new download?

If so, which directories/files should I keep in order to avoid having to locate and re-install my licensed Math Time Pro II fonts and Lucida Fonts?
PTIForAdmin

Re: Install released ver 6 over beta?

Post by PTIForAdmin »

murray wrote:I just downloaded and ran the installer for PCTeX ver 6 release. I installed where the installer offered, namely, over the existing beta version. But the About window still lists the version as "PCTeX ver 6.0 (beta)", even after I install the new password that was e-mailed to me.

Do I have to first uninstall the beta version before installing from the new download?

If so, which directories/files should I keep in order to avoid having to locate and re-install my licensed Math Time Pro II fonts and Lucida Fonts?
The new version should have installed over the existing version and replaced "ver 6.0 (beta)" with "ver 6.0".

We'll provide an automatic updater that will allow easy installation of the release version for beta testers. Will notify you in a few days. In the meantime, the ver 6.0 beta is nearly identical and should work fine.
murray

Re: Install released ver 6 over beta?

Post by murray »

PTIForAdmin wrote:
murray wrote:I just downloaded and ran the installer for PCTeX ver 6 release. I installed where the installer offered, namely, over the existing beta version. But the About window still lists the version as "PCTeX ver 6.0 (beta)", even after I install the new password that was e-mailed to me.

The new version should have installed over the existing version and replaced "ver 6.0 (beta)" with "ver 6.0".

We'll provide an automatic updater that will allow easy installation of the release version for beta testers. Will notify you in a few days. In the meantime, the ver 6.0 beta is nearly identical and should work fine.
Definitely, even with a second try, the released 6.0 installer when installed over the beta version still showed "ver 6.0 (beta)". So I uninstalled the beta and installed the released version. It's now OK