MTPro2 vs Y&Y MathTime

MathTime Pro II fonts user discussion

Moderators: PTIForAdmin, Michael Spivak

PTIForAdmin

MTPro2 vs Y&Y MathTime

Post by PTIForAdmin »

From the yandytex@tug.org list:
I'm now using PcTeX' MTPro2 font package,whose prototype is Y&Y's mathtime complete font set.I wonder if we can say that the original mathtime is completely substituted by MTPro plus or the newly MTPro2, in other words, if we can say that,for MTPro2 users , it is of no necessity to buy ( though the PC version is not available at present) and use it? Would anyone please explain this point to me?
PTIForAdmin

MTPro2 with Y&Y TeX

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Reply from yandytex@tug.org list:
I suppose in principle mtpro2 succeeds MathTime and I would prefer to use mtpro2. It works fine with MikTeX, Y&Y tex, and other tex/latex implementations that I've tried so far. There are some technical aspects, unfortunately, that have prevented me from switching to mtpro2. I use dviwindo to copy&paste equations from latex to powerpoint, then print from PP to pdf and use the pdf for presentations. If I do this with Y&Y's MathTime it works fine. When I use mtpro2 the equations look fine in powerpoint but the math symbols are replaced with different characters in the PDF file (smiley's and such things).

(if someone has an idea how to fix this I'd love to hear about it)