Replacements for Y and Y fonts

MathTime Pro II fonts user discussion

Moderators: PTIForAdmin, Michael Spivak

Craig

Replacements for Y and Y fonts

Post by Craig »

I have inherited a legacy LaTex class that uses the following fonts: mh1, mtex, mtmi, mtsy,and mtsyb. I believe these fonts are from the old "Y and Y" family.

I have installed on my computer the Math Time Pro and Math Time Pro 2 font sets. I'm hoping to substitute new fonts from these sets for the old fonts (mh1, ...) referenced in my class definition.

But because I don't have the old fonts to examine, I'm not clear on which fonts to substitute for which.

Any help kindly appreciated!

Craig
PTIForAdmin

Re: Replacements for Y and Y fonts

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Craig wrote:I have inherited a legacy LaTex class that uses the following fonts: mh1, mtex, mtmi, mtsy,and mtsyb. I believe these fonts are from the old "Y and Y" family.

I have installed on my computer the Math Time Pro and Math Time Pro 2 font sets. I'm hoping to substitute new fonts from these sets for the old fonts (mh1, ...) referenced in my class definition.

But because I don't have the old fonts to examine, I'm not clear on which fonts to substitute for which.

Any help kindly appreciated!
I doubt it will work well to substitute new font files for the old ones. It might be better to reconfigure your LaTeX class to use the new MTPro package. I'm not a font expert, though - will try to find someone who can give you some solid advice.