PCTeX Talk Forum Index PCTeX Talk
Discussions on TeX, LaTeX, fonts, and typesetting

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File icons reset if v5 is removed after v6 is installed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce.Filgate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: File icons reset if v5 is removed after v6 is installed Reply with quote

Today I removed the v5 version of PCTeX from my computer, leaving v6. All of the .tex files that used to display the capital N in their icon, now display the Windows default (window-like with two dots). The .aux files are ok. I'm not sure whether there was a icon change for other files in the TeX directories as this was not something that I was testing for!

Bruce
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: File icons reset if v5 is removed after v6 is installed Reply with quote

Bruce.Filgate wrote:
Today I removed the v5 version of PCTeX from my computer, leaving v6. All of the .tex files that used to display the capital N in their icon, now display the Windows default (window-like with two dots). The .aux files are ok. I'm not sure whether there was a icon change for other files in the TeX directories as this was not something that I was testing for!
Bruce

Try changing the file association to PCTeX again and see if that restores the icon. To do this, in Windows Explorer right-click on the file and choose "Open with ...", and after choosing "pctexv6" check "Always use this propram to open these files" and then click OK.
TomK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is PCTeX v5.1 still being updated from time to time? Every four weeks or so the program prompts me to check for updates, but when I do, I am informed that "No updates are needed"; is this neccessary? On 21-Jan-2007, for the first time since October 2005, a single file, ptispecial.dll, was replaced, though.
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomK wrote:
Is PCTeX v5.1 still being updated from time to time?

No, we haven't updated v5 for the past year or so. Please ignore the update prompts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PCTeX Talk Forum Index -> PCTeX v6 Beta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: