selecting text; magnifying tool

PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

Plamen

selecting text; magnifying tool

Post by Plamen »

Two small bugs:

After selecting text, I often click with the right-hand mouse button somewhere in the selection, to go to “cut�. Depending on where my mouse pointer is, the selection sometimes clears up. This wastes time because selecting a large portion of text takes time and it is unpleasant to lose that selection with one click. That did not happen with v.5.

Another small bug: the magnifying tool in page continuous mode behaves oddly – it magnifies text that is 1/4 page or so below the one that is under the loupe.
PTIForAdmin

Re: selecting text; magnifying tool

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Plamen wrote:Two small bugs:

After selecting text, I often click with the right-hand mouse button somewhere in the selection, to go to “cut�. Depending on where my mouse pointer is, the selection sometimes clears up. This wastes time because selecting a large portion of text takes time and it is unpleasant to lose that selection with one click. That did not happen with v.5.

We can't reproduce this here. After selecting a region, right-clicking anywhere in the client area doesn't affect the selection rectangle. Can you create a test case and send it to us?
Another small bug: the magnifying tool in page continuous mode behaves oddly – it magnifies text that is 1/4 page or so below the one that is under the loupe.
This is indeed a bug.

Thanks for the input.
Plamen

Post by Plamen »

I select a block (a paragraph or so) first. Then I click in the highlighted (selected) area. Depending on where the pointer is, the selection clears up or not. If I right-click on a word, the selected block clears up and that particular word gets selected. If I click somewhere between the lines (still in the selected area), nothing bad happens.

I can send you a file, of course, but this does not depend on the file. Just try it 5-6 times, and half of the time it will happen. If you can't reproduce it again, I will send you some screenshots.
PTIForAdmin

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Plamen wrote:I select a block (a paragraph or so) first. Then I click in the highlighted (selected) area. Depending on where the pointer is, the selection clears up or not. If I right-click on a word, the selected block clears up and that particular word gets selected. If I click somewhere between the lines (still in the selected area), nothing bad happens.

I can send you a file, of course, but this does not depend on the file. Just try it 5-6 times, and half of the time it will happen. If you can't reproduce it again, I will send you some screenshots.
Thanks for the clarification. We can reproduce this here. We'll fix this for the next beta release.