Does PCTeX have proper e-TeX support?

Support forum for PCTeX 6 users
mwrenfro

Does PCTeX have proper e-TeX support?

Post by mwrenfro »

(Cross-posted from LaTeX Community)

In trying to use the etoolbox package with PCTeX v6 (6.1, Build Fri Apr 16 13:29:46 2010), it looks like either PCTeX doesn't have e-TeX support, or etoolbox is checking for that support incorrectly. Since PCTeX didn't include etoolbox, or know how to get it from CTAN (or else I don't know how to fix it), I copied etoolbox.sty and etoolbox.def v2.1 from a TeX Live 2010 install into the same folder as the MWE below:

Code: Select all

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{etoolbox}
\begin{document}
Hello, world.
\end{document}
Building this with PCTeX returns "! Package etoolbox Error: Not running under e-TeX." while building it with TeX Live 2010 works fine. Any ideas on how to narrow down the source of the problem?
PTIForAdmin

Re: Does PCTeX have proper e-TeX support?

Post by PTIForAdmin »

mwrenfro wrote:(Cross-posted from LaTeX Community)

In trying to use the etoolbox package with PCTeX v6 (6.1, Build Fri Apr 16 13:29:46 2010), it looks like either PCTeX doesn't have e-TeX support, or etoolbox is checking for that support incorrectly. Since PCTeX didn't include etoolbox, or know how to get it from CTAN (or else I don't know how to fix it), I copied etoolbox.sty and etoolbox.def v2.1 from a TeX Live 2010 install into the same folder as the MWE below:

Code: Select all

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{etoolbox}
\begin{document}
Hello, world.
\end{document}
Building this with PCTeX returns "! Package etoolbox Error: Not running under e-TeX." while building it with TeX Live 2010 works fine. Any ideas on how to narrow down the source of the problem?
To use e-TeX's extended mode, go to PCTeX's Typeset menu, select INITeX, select LaTeX, add an asterisk to the beginning of the macro file name (i.e. "*latex.ltx"), and click INITeX.

Now when you typeset with LaTeX, it will use e-TeX's extended mode.