Help with fonts

Support forum for PCTeX 6 users
Els Withers

Help with fonts

Post by Els Withers »

I am seeking assistance with using some non-default fonts in PCTeX v6. I am attempting to format a paper using the style file found here:

www.icgst.com/files/gvip.zip

The archive includes a template TeX file and a PDF version. When I typeset the TeX file, I get a bunch of messages along the lines of "No font mapping entry for font:ecm1000", etc.--and then the DVI file comes up mostly blank with just a smattering of gimcracks here and there. The PDF is a perfectly normal-looking article.

According to my research, the missing fonts all appear to belong to the European Computer Modern family.

Here is what else I know:

1. Under the "Settings->Packages" command, I have listed as "Installed: the "ec" package, with the description: "The European Computer Modern Fonts supporting the complete LaTeX T1 encoding defined at the 1990 TUG Conference held at Cork/Ireland...."

2. I found TFM files for all the individual fonts and saved them to a directory, then added the directory using Settings->Directories->TeX Font Metric (*.TFM) files. Doesn't help.

3. I looked at the "Settings->Tex Fonts" command, but it seems to demand either a TTF file, or a PFB file for a new font, neither of which I have.

4. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ec package, closing and restarting PCTeX. Doesn't help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PTIForAdmin

Re: Help with fonts

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Els Withers wrote:I am seeking assistance with using some non-default fonts in PCTeX v6. I am attempting to format a paper using the style file found here:

The archive includes a template TeX file and a PDF version. When I typeset the TeX file, I get a bunch of messages along the lines of "No font mapping entry for font:ecm1000", etc.--and then the DVI file comes up mostly blank with just a smattering of gimcracks here and there. The PDF is a perfectly normal-looking article.

According to my research, the missing fonts all appear to belong to the European Computer Modern family.
To load these fonts, install the cm-super package. To do this, choose Settings..Packages. In the dialog click on "Use Web Archive". Find "cm-super" in the right-hand pane, click on it, then choose "Install". Close PCTeX and then restart it.
macjen9008

Re: Help with fonts

Post by macjen9008 »

PTIForAdmin wrote:
Els Withers wrote:I am seeking assistance with using some non-default fonts in PCTeX v6. I am attempting to format a paper using the style file found here:

To load these fonts, install the cm-super package. To do this, choose Settings..Packages. In the dialog click on "Use Web Archive". Find "cm-super" in the right-hand pane, click on it, then choose "Install". Close PCTeX and then restart it.

Thanks for point out the cm-super package. This is just what I was looking for. I have been wanting to find a font like this. Sometimes it is just one piece of the puzzle that you are missing.
Mac Jenkins
goldenrule.com