logical definite descriptor operator

Users are invited to suggest new symbols to be included in the MathTime Professional fonts.

Moderators: PTIForAdmin, Michael Spivak

murray

logical definite descriptor operator

Post by murray »

I'd very much like to see included the "inverted iota" definite descriptor operator from logic.

Right now, I have to resort to the subterfuge of inverting a regular iota and adjusting its position; the results are not always optimal.
Michael Spivak

Post by Michael Spivak »

that seems reasonable (and is extremely easy). any other logic symbols that are needed?
murray

other logical symbols??

Post by murray »

Michael Spivak wrote:that seems reasonable (and is extremely easy). any other logic symbols that are needed?
I know a little about logic, but am by no means a logician, so I'm not the one to ask. Certainly the quantifiers, implication arrows, and sequent symbol (\vdash) are already there. The only one I was missing for ordinary use in light logic use was the definite descriptor (inverted iota).

Incidentally, it seems hard for me to tell readily, say from the web site, just what symbols are actually in the MTPRoII fonts, as many entries in the table (in one of the pdf files there) end with an ellipsis.

I know there's a way to get the entire list by running some file through LaTeX, but I always forget how to do that.

Murray