Welcome to PCTeX 6 Support

Support forum for PCTeX 6 users
PTIForAdmin

Welcome to PCTeX 6 Support

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Please include as much information about your problem as possible. Other PCTeX users are welcome to answer questions.

- PCTeX Support
narf

Uninstalling pctex 6

Post by narf »

Hi,
so I have a previous version of PCtex 5 installed and now I'm removing it and installing pctex 6. As a test before I do it on the network, I did it on my machine. My problem is that after installing pctex6 and uninstalling it, there's is still somewhere in the registry that says the package still exists which is not in the normal HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Personal Tex Inc. Because when I try to check for the package, it says that it's installed after I use add/remove program. It does not shows up on add/remove programs anymore but the systems recognizes it as the package still exists. So I'm not sure where is this written and what other registry values being written after installing pctex 6. Thanks
PTIForAdmin

Re: Uninstalling pctex 6

Post by PTIForAdmin »

narf wrote: I have a previous version of PCtex 5 installed and now I'm removing it and installing pctex 6. As a test before I do it on the network, I did it on my machine. My problem is that after installing pctex6 and uninstalling it, there's is still somewhere in the registry that says the package still exists which is not in the normal HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Personal Tex Inc. Because when I try to check for the package, it says that it's installed after I use add/remove program. It does not shows up on add/remove programs anymore but the systems recognizes it as the package still exists.
Where does the system show that it still exists?
So I'm not sure where is this written and what other registry values being written after installing pctex 6.
You can try removing the entire Registry entry for PCTeX6, and deleting the remains of the PCTeX6 directories at <install path>\PCTeX\PCTeXv6. If you continue to have problems contact support@pctex.com.
TomK

Post by TomK »

Most of the time, after an error is encountered, the <Esc> Cancel Typesetting shortcut key of PCTeX v6 (Build Thu Apr 19 2007) does not work on two Win 2K Pro SP4 machines. Sometimes it does work, though, but I cannot figure out the exact circumstances, and this uncertainty is frustrating. It never works when switching form a short (2--3 pages) document to a long one and vice versa.
PTIForAdmin

Cancel typesetting

Post by PTIForAdmin »

TomK wrote:Most of the time, after an error is encountered, the <Esc> Cancel Typesetting shortcut key of PCTeX v6 (Build Thu Apr 19 2007) does not work... .
Pressing Esc should cancel typesetting if the focus is in the Output window. Click on the output window to put the focus there, and then press Esc.
TomK

Post by TomK »

OK, thanks. It works, but I find it a bit inconvenient to have to click out of the dvi window, and then back again just to stop the typesetter. I found Help>PCTeX v6 Guide>Menus>Typeset unhelpful, since the description of 'Cancel Typesetting' function, quote,

Depending on the particular document being typeset, this item can usually be used to stop the typesetting process.

only repeats in an obscure way what's obvious from the title.