Graphics include wizard corrupts the image's aspect ratio

PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

Bruce.Filgate

Graphics include wizard corrupts the image's aspect ratio

Post by Bruce.Filgate »

Running v6 build of Jan 10.

The wizard is squaring my rectangular figures, with the preserve aspect ratio already checked. Issue was verified with other eps figures as well.

The .eps files were built with Adobe Photoshop and work fine except with the new wizard.

LaTeX documents of multiple files using includes, precludes the include graphic wizard from correctly locating the TeX header section in which its \include must be inserted. The wizard seems to expect to find a header section in the same file as the graphics is being inserted: Likely only true from smaller documents.

Bruce
PTIForAdmin

Re: Graphics include wizard corrupts the image's aspect rati

Post by PTIForAdmin »

Bruce.Filgate wrote: The wizard is squaring my rectangular figures, with the preserve aspect ratio already checked. Issue was verified with other eps figures as well.

The .eps files were built with Adobe Photoshop and work fine except with the new wizard.
The sample eps file you sent has extraneous data at the head of the file, maybe put there by Photoshop. We will fix scanning of eps files to ignore this.
LaTeX documents of multiple files using includes, precludes the include graphic wizard from correctly locating the TeX header section in which its \include must be inserted. The wizard seems to expect to find a header section in the same file as the graphics is being inserted: Likely only true from smaller documents.
PCTeX will look for the LaTeX preamble in the main file, even if the insertion is in another file, e.g. a separate chapter file. I'm guessing the syntax in the preamble is not being recognized.