PCTeX Talk Forum Index PCTeX Talk
Discussions on TeX, LaTeX, fonts, and typesetting

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

selecting text; magnifying tool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plamen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: selecting text; magnifying tool Reply with quote

Two small bugs:

After selecting text, I often click with the right-hand mouse button somewhere in the selection, to go to “cut”. Depending on where my mouse pointer is, the selection sometimes clears up. This wastes time because selecting a large portion of text takes time and it is unpleasant to lose that selection with one click. That did not happen with v.5.

Another small bug: the magnifying tool in page continuous mode behaves oddly – it magnifies text that is 1/4 page or so below the one that is under the loupe.
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: selecting text; magnifying tool Reply with quote

Plamen wrote:
Two small bugs:

After selecting text, I often click with the right-hand mouse button somewhere in the selection, to go to “cut”. Depending on where my mouse pointer is, the selection sometimes clears up. This wastes time because selecting a large portion of text takes time and it is unpleasant to lose that selection with one click. That did not happen with v.5.

We can't reproduce this here. After selecting a region, right-clicking anywhere in the client area doesn't affect the selection rectangle. Can you create a test case and send it to us?

Quote:

Another small bug: the magnifying tool in page continuous mode behaves oddly – it magnifies text that is 1/4 page or so below the one that is under the loupe.

This is indeed a bug.

Thanks for the input.
Plamen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I select a block (a paragraph or so) first. Then I click in the highlighted (selected) area. Depending on where the pointer is, the selection clears up or not. If I right-click on a word, the selected block clears up and that particular word gets selected. If I click somewhere between the lines (still in the selected area), nothing bad happens.

I can send you a file, of course, but this does not depend on the file. Just try it 5-6 times, and half of the time it will happen. If you can't reproduce it again, I will send you some screenshots.
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plamen wrote:
I select a block (a paragraph or so) first. Then I click in the highlighted (selected) area. Depending on where the pointer is, the selection clears up or not. If I right-click on a word, the selected block clears up and that particular word gets selected. If I click somewhere between the lines (still in the selected area), nothing bad happens.

I can send you a file, of course, but this does not depend on the file. Just try it 5-6 times, and half of the time it will happen. If you can't reproduce it again, I will send you some screenshots.

Thanks for the clarification. We can reproduce this here. We'll fix this for the next beta release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PCTeX Talk Forum Index -> PCTeX v6 Beta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: