PCTeX Talk Forum Index PCTeX Talk
Discussions on TeX, LaTeX, fonts, and typesetting

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beta release of December 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Beta release of December 18 Reply with quote

New in this release:

Adjusted scrolling sizes in dvi continuous mode
    Fixed a bug in Settings..Packages

To download the latest changes: In PCTeX choose Help..Updates..Check for updates now

See the complete Release notes.

Last edited by PTIForAdmin on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
murray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta release of December 18 Reply with quote

PTIForAdmin wrote:
New in this release:

To download the latest changes: In PCTeX choose Help..Updates..Check for updates now

UPDATE FAILED! Using Help > Updates > Check for updates now. It got as far as the step "Uncompressing file pctexv6.exe" (right after step where the open PCTeX v6 is automatically closed and then "Replacing file pctexv6.exe"), then crashed.

I'm using Beta build Oct 13; at least that's what shows in the Help > About window.

I'm totally confused as to what to do with respect to code if I download a completely new copy of the whole latest release. I don't even find a record of a code for the Dec. 4 release, nor for an Oct. release.
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta release of December 18 Reply with quote

murray wrote:

UPDATE FAILED! Using Help > Updates > Check for updates now. It got as far as the step "Uncompressing file pctexv6.exe" (right after step where the open PCTeX v6 is automatically closed and then "Replacing file pctexv6.exe"), then crashed.

We've had a few reports of this and will look into it.

Quote:

I'm using Beta build Oct 13; at least that's what shows in the Help > About window.

I'm totally confused as to what to do with respect to code if I download a completely new copy of the whole latest release. I don't even find a record of a code for the Dec. 4 release, nor for an Oct. release.

The product code format changed with the October 13 release and will not change again. Our records show you were sent a new code then, so that code should continue to work with the latest releases.
murray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Beta release of December 18 Reply with quote

PTIForAdmin wrote:
New in this release:

Per the e-mail sent to testers, I downloaded the supposedly new image, named "PCTeXv6setup1121.exe". Is that correct? The numbers at the end suggest NOVEMBER 21.
murray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Beta release of December 18 Reply with quote

PTIForAdmin wrote:
murray wrote:

We've had a few reports of this and will look into it.

Quote:

The product code format changed with the October 13 release and will not change again. Our records show you were sent a new code then, so that code should continue to work with the latest releases.

OK, I installed anew from PCTeXv6setup1121.exe, then was able to successfully update to December 19 build. And although after a search I was able to find the code for the beta you sent in August, I was not asked for the code.
TomK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the Dec 19 v6 update smoothly, but the behavior described in earlier post "Three bugs in v6 Beta" changed little; the most severe bug is, of course, that initexing a local format file fails for the same reason as before (even though the correct Additional TeX Input path is given, IniTeX can't find the file).
PTIForAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomK wrote:
I installed the Dec 19 v6 update smoothly, but the behavior described in earlier post "Three bugs in v6 Beta" changed little; the most severe bug is, of course, that initexing a local format file fails for the same reason as before (even though the correct Additional TeX Input path is given, IniTeX can't find the file).

This will be corrected in the next release. See the reply at http://forums.pctex.com/viewtopic.php?t=101
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PCTeX Talk Forum Index -> PCTeX v6 Beta All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: