PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

PTIForAdmin

Beta release of December 18

Post by PTIForAdmin »

New in this release:
  • Adjusted scrolling sizes in dvi continuous mode
    Fixed a bug in Settings..Packages
To download the latest changes: In PCTeX choose Help..Updates..Check for updates now

See the complete Release notes.
Last edited by PTIForAdmin on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
murray

Re: Beta release of December 18

Post by murray »

PTIForAdmin wrote:New in this release:
To download the latest changes: In PCTeX choose Help..Updates..Check for updates now

UPDATE FAILED! Using Help > Updates > Check for updates now. It got as far as the step "Uncompressing file pctexv6.exe" (right after step where the open PCTeX v6 is automatically closed and then "Replacing file pctexv6.exe"), then crashed.

I'm using Beta build Oct 13; at least that's what shows in the Help > About window.

I'm totally confused as to what to do with respect to code if I download a completely new copy of the whole latest release. I don't even find a record of a code for the Dec. 4 release, nor for an Oct. release.
PTIForAdmin

Post by PTIForAdmin »

murray wrote:
UPDATE FAILED! Using Help > Updates > Check for updates now. It got as far as the step "Uncompressing file pctexv6.exe" (right after step where the open PCTeX v6 is automatically closed and then "Replacing file pctexv6.exe"), then crashed.

We've had a few reports of this and will look into it.
I'm using Beta build Oct 13; at least that's what shows in the Help > About window.

I'm totally confused as to what to do with respect to code if I download a completely new copy of the whole latest release. I don't even find a record of a code for the Dec. 4 release, nor for an Oct. release.
The product code format changed with the October 13 release and will not change again. Our records show you were sent a new code then, so that code should continue to work with the latest releases.
murray

Post by murray »

PTIForAdmin wrote:New in this release:

Per the e-mail sent to testers, I downloaded the supposedly new image, named "PCTeXv6setup1121.exe". Is that correct? The numbers at the end suggest NOVEMBER 21.
murray

Post by murray »

PTIForAdmin wrote:
murray wrote:

We've had a few reports of this and will look into it.

The product code format changed with the October 13 release and will not change again. Our records show you were sent a new code then, so that code should continue to work with the latest releases.
OK, I installed anew from PCTeXv6setup1121.exe, then was able to successfully update to December 19 build. And although after a search I was able to find the code for the beta you sent in August, I was not asked for the code.
TomK

Post by TomK »

I installed the Dec 19 v6 update smoothly, but the behavior described in earlier post "Three bugs in v6 Beta" changed little; the most severe bug is, of course, that initexing a local format file fails for the same reason as before (even though the correct Additional TeX Input path is given, IniTeX can't find the file).
PTIForAdmin

Post by PTIForAdmin »

TomK wrote:I installed the Dec 19 v6 update smoothly, but the behavior described in earlier post "Three bugs in v6 Beta" changed little; the most severe bug is, of course, that initexing a local format file fails for the same reason as before (even though the correct Additional TeX Input path is given, IniTeX can't find the file).
This will be corrected in the next release. See the reply at http://forums.pctex.com/viewtopic.php?t=101