Previewer

PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

BEllickson

Previewer

Post by BEllickson »

When previewing a dvi file, the behavior of the previewer is different than in
Version 5 and, it seems to me, more awkward. In particular, the left and right arrow buttons on the main menu no longer function to move from page to page. The page up and page down buttons do work (as in Version 5), but I find this motion awkward for my purposes (whereas the action of the right and left arrow keys is convenient). I just updated to the new version of the beta, but the action is still the same.

To give some reason why I find the current behavior awkward. I am revising a book manuscript, which involves going through a lot of pages making small but frequent editorial changes. So I like to make the editorial changes for a few pages and then flip into the previewer to see if I've made all the right changes. The old style of scrolling with the left and right arrow keys is much more convenient than using the scroll bar on the right hand side of the dvi page or using the PgUp, PgDown keyboard keys.
Bryan Ellickson
PTIForAdmin

Re: Previewer

Post by PTIForAdmin »

BEllickson wrote:When previewing a dvi file, the behavior of the previewer is different than in
Version 5 and, it seems to me, more awkward. In particular, the left and right arrow buttons on the main menu no longer function to move from page to page.
This is a bug in v6, but only shows up in "Continuous" view mode.

For now, to get the old behavior, change the viewing mode from Continuous to one of the other modes, e.g. Single Page. This can be done with View..Single Page.