Automated installation of MathTime Pro and Lucida Bright

PCTeX v6 beta tester input and discussion

Moderator: PTIForAdmin

fredszabo

Automated installation of MathTime Pro and Lucida Bright

Post by fredszabo »

Currently, I have both PCTeX 5 and 6 residing peacfully in the same folder, with MathTime Pro and Lucida Bright active in Version 5. I am not quite sure how to install these fonts for Version 6.

Should I uninstall Version 5 and then simply use the automated installer? My fear is that the installation script prepared by PCTeX refers explicitly to Version 5 and my entire system will become unuseable. As I pointed out before, Version 6 cannot find the fonts, nor the files required for their use.

Any ideas?
fredszabo

Lucida Bright successfully installed in Version 6

Post by fredszabo »

Following a suggestion by Lance, I now have full access to the Lucida Bright fonts in Version 6. I placed the Lucida Bright installation file in the PCTeX folder containing the PCTeX5 and PCTeX6 subfolders, opened PCTeX 6, and with that program running, double clicked on the LucidaBright installation file. That was it.

The same procedure didn't work quite as successfully for MathTime Pro. But it seems that it is due to the fact that MathTime Pro is installed in Version 5, and I was trying to install MathTime Pro 2 in Version 6.

Right now, MathTime Pro runs fine in Version 5, and MathTime Pro 2 compiles partially in Version 6, but then errors occur. I am not sure how to clear this up.
PTIForAdmin

Re: Lucida Bright successfully installed in Version 6

Post by PTIForAdmin »

fredszabo wrote: Right now, MathTime Pro runs fine in Version 5, and MathTime Pro 2 compiles partially in Version 6, but then errors occur. I am not sure how to clear this up.
What sort of errors are you getting? Can you compile the MTPro2 LaTeX test template?
fredszabo

MathTime Pro Errors

Post by fredszabo »

The error messages simply say that certain files cannot be found. This makes sense since the installation probably simply reinstalled the fonts in the PCTeX 5 folder and since there is a mixup between MathTime Pro and MathTime Pro 2 in my system. It would help if I could download MathTime Pro 2 from scratch and try again.
fredszabo

All's well

Post by fredszabo »

MathTimes Pro 2 is now working properly with PCTeX 6. I checked two installations: Windows XP using Boot Camp,and Windows XP using Parallels Desktop. Tomorrow I'll check out Virtual PC, but don't expect any problems there either.

I downloaded the package, started up PCTeX 6, and opened the font file in the Internet Explorer. After that, the installation was uneventful.

I pesume that once users upgrade to PCTeX 6 (thereby overriding PCTeX 5?), PCTeX 6 will look for the font file, once it has been bought and located wherever the download process places it, and the installation will be automated.